Thursday 9 April 2015

Failure to launch

And here we go again.

Am trying to bribe myself to get some tricky work done by buying cake and coffee and sitting in Nero's rather than in my home office. This is one of my more common avoidance tactics.

The cake and the coffee aren't helping my marathon training or my waistline either. Last summer's clothes are already feeling a bit tight around my middle and my 30 day plank challenge is considerably more challenging with the extra weight I'm carrying.

.... 40 minute chat interlude with student sitting next to me writing his thesis .... that's not helped either! I was trying to lull myself into work by writing about how difficult I was finding it to get started. Now I find that I've lost my train of thought for this post too. Must be time to hold my breath and batter my cuticles.

But, I've made a commitment not to do that anymore. Gosh I really do make hard work of my life. And there goes the inner critic, passing judgement again. Things are what they are - neither good nor bad.

I know, I'll update my to do list.

.... which has just left me feeling a bit sick and searching out a cuticle to attack ....

Talk about going round in circles.

A full two hours after sitting down to start work. The panic is rising and cheeks are flushed.

Another failure to launch day.




No comments:

Post a Comment