Thursday 14 August 2014

1/2 marathon fuelling experiment

It's time to start thinking seriously about how I'm going to fuel my long runs, so I'm going to try a few things out this weekend at the Kimbolton Half Marathon.

If it the plan agrees with me, then I'll incorporate it into all of my long runs from now until the big day. I've deliberately opted for as much of a natural approach as I dare take. So far, I've been running on jelly babies for long runs, but I'm keen to try out the Huma Chia gels and I hear that caffeine shots towards the end can make a real difference. So let's see how this goes.

7am Breakfast

  • Bagel with almond butter
  • Banana
  • Coffee
  • 8oz water
7.50am Drink
  • 8oz coconut water with 1 desert spoon chia seeds

8am Head off to Kimbolton

9.30am Drink

  • 8oz water with 1 desert spoon chia seeds

10am Race start

10am - 11am Drink

  • 16oz water with electrolyte tab
11am Eat
  • Chia Gel
11am Drink
  • 8oz water 
11.30am Eat
  • Chia Gel
11.30am Drink
  • 8oz water
12 Eat
  • Caffeine Gel
12 Drink
  • 8oz water

Hopefully, I won't explode despite all that lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment