Friday 15 June 2012

What an unusual request ...

... finally completed, it's the kitchen apron in the style of the old East German flag or, more correctly, the flag of the former Deutsche Demokratische Republik (DDR) / German Democratic Republic (GDR), which was in existence from 1959 to 1990.

The National Emblem of the flag features a hammer and compass surrounded by a ring of rye. I've made it into a pocket for cooking stuff .. not entirely sure what .. utensils or herbs maybe ... anyway, it's a pocket!

crochet flag of the former Deutsche Demokratische Republik (DDR)or German Democratic Republic (GDR)

I've not written a pattern for it yet, but I will do if anyone's interested. Leave me a comment and I'll get on it.

5 comments:

  1. Do it anyway otherwise you will forget and you never know when it may come in useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that is very true ... I will get on the case

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is brilliant! I love all things related to the communist days (not the oppression of course!) so I'm loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy! It was fun to make - I'm working on a Harry Potter blanket and a Sherlock Holmes blanket at the moment ... fingers crossed I'm as happy with these two unusual requests too!

    ReplyDelete